Please see below our current vacancies available at Sywell Aerodrome.
Ground Maintenance Operative
Grounds Maintenance Operative
Sywell Aerodrome is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Grounds & Maintenance Operative to join the team and assist with the maintenance of the site. The role covers land management such as grass cutting and strimming and also building maintenance and general repairs. You must be flexible as you will be required to help depending on what needs doing across our businesses which changes weekly, although land management will be a priority.
- Estate land management - grass cutting, hedge cutting, strimming, fencing, tree management, weed spraying and drainage works.
- Internal and external Building maintenance and general repairs – carpentry, glazing, fencing, painting, plastering, minor plumbing, paving, brickwork and other building functions.
- Operating large complex machinery including diggers, tractors, mowers, strimmers, chainsaws, atv's and general hand tools with due regard to Health & Safety requirements.
- Respond to ad-hoc reactive requests.
- Working in all weathers including rain, wind and heat.
- Physical demands – lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, and crouching.
- Lifting, moving and pulling heavy equipment when required.
- Proven experience in grounds maintenance role.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Good communication skills and work well as part of a team.
- A clean UK Driving Licence.
- Experience operating large machinery including diggers and tractors.
- Reliable, motivated and have a positive attitude.
Full time – occasional weekends required to assist with large events
Own transport essential due to rural location.
Competitive rates of pay.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply please send your current CV and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org