Fixed wing ops: OK Helicopter ops: OK
Runway in use: 23, circuit direction: LH, closing at: 1800.
Information current as of 09:29 on 25/05/2019 (local).
Sat 25th May 2019
Unofficial Met Observation ~ 0825 300/13G18 10km Nil H1017 E1002 +14/+8
Helicopter Circuit ~ RH
RFFS Cat ~ 0
Met Warnings ~ Nil
Sunset ~ 2106
See below for 2Excel programme
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. Sywell AFIS Frequency Change. Due to the change over to an 8.33 kHz frequency, Sywell Information will be 122.705 WEF 1st April 2018 Aircraft unable to comply will need to operate NORDO subject to an AFIS briefing. Aircraft that are NORDO will not be permitted to fly circuits or out of hours.
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
5. New AFIS telephone number 01604 801630
9. AGL Rwy 03L/21R New PERM Runway edge, threshold and touchdown lights installed. Exercise caution when turning or vacating this runway.
10. Revised Helicopter Joining Procedures. Heli ATZ Entry/Exit points now via "Heli East, Heli West, Heli Northeast"
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
3. CRANFIELD min 2 hrs PPR required due ATC training until 30 Sep (L1430/19)
4. WYTON freq now Wyton Radio 126.855 (E0003/19)
5. OLD WARDEN freq now 130.705. Acft join via overhaed at 1800ft AAL to allow model flyers to cease ops PERM (L8309/18)
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:-
SLOT 1 1100-1120; SLOT 2 1300-1320; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 27th May - No Slots
Tue 28th May - No Slots
Wed 29th May - No Slots
Thur 30th May - No Slots
Fri 31th May - No Slots
Sat 25th May - 0945 Depart to Duxford
Sun 26th May - Return from Duxford Time TBN
Please see the events page.