Fixed wing ops: OK Helicopter ops: OK
Runway in use: 05, circuit direction: RH, closing at: 1800.
Information current as of 12:40 on 19/11/2018 (local).
New AFIS Frequency 122.705 MHz nw in use at Sywell
Mon 18th November 2018
ALL TIMES LOCAL
Unofficial Met Observation ~ 1240 080/14 9999 RAIN BKN 2500'(E) QNH1021 QFE 1006 OAT +7 DP+2
Met Warnings:- STRONG WIND WARNING VALID 1200-1800 NE WINDS WILL MEAN 15-20KT
WITH GUST OF 25-28KT
Helicopter Circuit ~ RH
RFFS Cat ~ 2
Sunset ~ 1606
Warnings (See below for 2 Excel programme) ~
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. Sywell AFIS Frequency Change. Due to the change over to an 8.33 kHz frequency, Sywell Information will be 122.705 WEF 1st April 2018 Aircraft unable to comply will need to operate NORDO subject to an AFIS briefing. Aircraft that are NORDO will not be permitted to fly circuits or out of hours.
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
4. Car Testing all day Friday 16th November
5. New AFIS telephone number 01604 801630
8. New Grass Rwy 14/32 now marked, awaiting Licensing. AVOID the newly chalked part west of 03L/21R
9. AGL Rwy 03L/21R New PERM Runway edge, threshold and touchdown lights installed. Exercise caution when turning or vacating this runway.
10. Revised Helicopter Joining Procedures. Heli ATZ Entry/Exit points now via "Heli East, Heli West, Heli Northeast"
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
1. Wellesbourne wef 29th Oct 2018 new freq/channel 124.030
2. Coventry All instrument procedures and ATC services withdrawn. AFIS now available. Changes to RFF Category.
3. Cranfield Frequency Change: Apri 1st 2018 APP-122.855, TWR-134.930, ATS-121.880
4. Turweston wef 1st Aug 18 new freq/channel will be 122.180
5. Enstone wef 1st Aug 18 new freq/channel will be 129.880
6. Oxford wef 6th Jul 18 new freq/channel TWR 133.430 DIR 119.980
7. Silverstone Frequency now 130.280
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:-
SLOT 1 1100-1120; SLOT 2 1300-1320; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 19th Nov -No FLying
Tues 20th Nov - Slot 1
Weds 21st Nov - Slot 1
Thu 22nd Nov - Slot 1
Fri 23rd Nov - Slots 1
Sat 24th Nov - Nothing Planned
Sun 25th Nov - Nothing Planned
Please see the events page.