Fixed wing ops: OK Helicopter ops: OK
Runway in use: 21, circuit direction: RH, closing at: 1800.
Information current as of 12:52 on 19/07/2019 (local).
Fri 19th July 2019
Unofficial Met Observation ~ 1250 190/10 10km RN BKN 800'(PIREP) H1008 E993 +15/+11
RFFS Cat ~ 2
Sunset ~ 2114
Met Warnings ~ Nil
Helicopter Circuits ~ LH
see below for 2Excel programme
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. Sywell AFIS Frequency Change. Due to the change over to an 8.33 kHz frequency, Sywell Information will be 122.705 WEF 1st April 2018 Aircraft unable to comply will need to operate NORDO subject to an AFIS briefing. Aircraft that are NORDO will not be permitted to fly circuits or out of hours.
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
5. New AFIS telephone number 01604 801630
9. AGL Rwy 03L/21R New PERM Runway edge, threshold and touchdown lights installed. Exercise caution when turning or vacating this runway.
10. Revised Helicopter Joining Procedures. Heli ATZ Entry/Exit points now via "Heli East, Heli West, Heli Northeast"
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
1. HUSBANDS BOSWORTH gliding competition up to 50 gliders untl 21 Jul (H4147/19)
2. COVENTRY wef 1st August new radio frequency 123.830
3. CRANFIELD min 2 hrs PPR required due ATC training until 30 Sep (L1430/19)
4. WYTON freq now Wyton Radio 126.855 (E0003/19)
5. OLD WARDEN freq now 130.705. Acft join via overhaed at 1800ft AAL to allow model flyers to cease ops PERM (L8309/18)
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:-
SLOT 1 1100-1120; SLOT 2 1300-1320; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 22nd Jul - TBN
Tue 23rd Jul - TBN
Wed 24th Jul - TBN
Thur 25th Jul - TBN
Fri 19th Jul - To Fairford
Sat 20th Jul - Fairford
Sun 21st Jul - Fm Fairford
Please see the events page.