Fixed wing ops: OK Helicopter ops: OK
Runway in use: 21, circuit direction: RH, closing at: 1800.
Information current as of 08:55 on 19/01/2019 (local).
Fri 18th January 2019
ALL TIMES LOCAL
Unofficial Met Observation ~ 0850 RWY 21 SFC WIND 140/10kts 9 kms NIL OVC 2500 QNH1007 QFE 992 OAT PS02 DP MS02
Met Warnings:- Nil
Helicopter Circuit ~ LH
RFFS Cat ~ 1
Sunset ~ 1626
Warnings (See below for 2 Excel programme) ~
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. Sywell AFIS Frequency Change. Due to the change over to an 8.33 kHz frequency, Sywell Information will be 122.705 WEF 1st April 2018 Aircraft unable to comply will need to operate NORDO subject to an AFIS briefing. Aircraft that are NORDO will not be permitted to fly circuits or out of hours.
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
4. Avoid trampling the Rwy 14/32 centrelines due to surface cracks.
5. New AFIS telephone number 01604 801630
8. New Grass Rwy 14/32 now marked, awaiting Licensing. AVOID the newly chalked part west of 03L/21R
9. AGL Rwy 03L/21R New PERM Runway edge, threshold and touchdown lights installed. Exercise caution when turning or vacating this runway.
10. Revised Helicopter Joining Procedures. Heli ATZ Entry/Exit points now via "Heli East, Heli West, Heli Northeast"
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
1. Cambridge not avbl to visiting acft Saturdays and Sundays only until 1800 3rd Mar 19 (C0034/19)
2. Cranfield visiting acft min 2 hrs PPR req'd due ATC training until 1830 31 Jan 19 (L0012/19)
3. Cranfield Rwy 21 ILS not avbl until 1830 31 Jan 19 (L0009/19)
4. East Midlands APP freq noe 134.180 PERM (C7090/18)
5. Old Warden AFIS freq now 130.705 PERM (L8309/18)
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:-
SLOT 1 1100-1120; SLOT 2 1300-1320; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 21st Jan - TBN
Tue 22nd Jan - Slots 1 & 2
Wed 23rd Jan - Slots 1 & 2
Thu 24th Jan - Slots 1 & 2
Fri 18th Jan - Nothing notified
Sat 19th Jan - Nothing planned
Sun 20th Jan - Nothing Planned
Please see the events page.