Fixed wing ops: Use caution (see below) Helicopter ops: Use caution (see below)
Runway in use: 21R, circuit direction: RH, closing at: 1800.
Information current as of 16:49 on 30/03/2017 (local).
Thu 30th March 2017
Met Observation 1250 210/13G26 9999 Nil FEW020 Est 1016/1001 PS18/PS09
Met Warnings ~ Nil
Helicopter Circuit ~ LH
RFFS Category ~ 2
Sunset ~ 1934
Warnings (See below for 2 Excel programme) ~
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. Rwy 15/33 now PERM closed due to hangar construction in the SE corner (L5360/16)
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
4. Rwy 03L/21R WIP AGL installation
5. All grass areas unfit Ops
6. All aircraft landing on 03L will need to backtrack. NO vacating right onto the grass due soft surface conditions.
7. When serviceable, use of the grass runways will now be limited to essential types only for the winter months (i.e. Tiger Moths, Microlights during strong wind conditions.)
8. New Grass Rwy 14/32 being created to the east of the old 15/33, initially marked with traffic cones prior to chalk marking.
9. Rwy 03L/21R New PERM Runway edge, threshold and touchdown lights installed. Exercise caution when turning or vacating this runway.
10. Revised Helicopter Joining Procedures. See NOTAM L0885/17 PERM
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
1. Cranfield strictly 24 Hr PPR due staffing issues Valid to 1630 31st Mar (L7594/16)
3. Leicester Fixed wing circuit height now 1200' QFE PERM (NOTAM L3362/16)
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:-
SLOT 1 1100-1120; SLOT 2 1300-1320; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 3rd Apr - All three slots
Tue 4th Apr - All three slots
Wed 5th Apr - All three slots
Thu 6th Apr - All three slots
Fri 31st March - All three slots
Sat 1st April - Nothing Planned
Sun 2nd April - Nothing Planned
Please see the events page.